'Roaring Lion Studios--Handcrafted Sterling Silver, Copper, and Brass Jewlery ' by RoaringLionStudios

Roaring Lion Studios features metalwork jewelry by fine artist Pamela Caughey. She is a multi-media artist working in jewelry, painting, encaustic, drawing and printmaking. She enjoys the sculptural and tactile aspects of working with metal, and enjoys hammering, riveting, patinating and either cold connections or soldering, depending on what final effect she is striving for. Her other media are on her main website at www.pamelacaughey.com


Mixed Metal Four Layer ...
$38.00

Custom Artisan Sterling...
$40.00

No. 5 Custom Rainbow Co...
$38.00

Modern Minimalist Dots ...
$35.00

Curved Copper Earrings ...
$25.00

Silver Hoop Artisan Dan...
$40.00

Dangling and Bitten Etc...
$30.00

Dangling Silver Lampwor...
$40.00

Funky Fun Aluminum Pend...
$36.00

Treasury tool by Red Row Studio.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Karen Cantrell is Unstoppable when it comes to Sewing! Meet our Featured Artist of the Week!



Pam:  Karen, please tell us a little about you and how you got started with your Etsy store?
 
Karen:   I was exposed to all kinds of creative outlets growing up.  I have a mom who is a professional quilter. I have a dad who does incredible one line drawings. I come from a long line of ancestors who did amazing handwork and are creative and artistic. I love that their gifts are a part of me and I feel blessed to be able to use the past to pass on a quality future.

For now, my shop has mostly cloth napkins in it - and a handful of other items that I couldn't help but make.  I do enjoy making all kinds of other things.  I have recently discovered that I can sew things without a pattern and it has been so liberating!  I share what I make on my blog.  www.HandmadeSimpleBlue.blogspot.com 

I have chosen to fill my etsy shop with cloth napkins because I love them! Pick a napkin that you love and every time you sit down for a meal, you will have a little lift that is just yours.  Not only that but cloth napkins stick around long enough to collect memories - family meals, parties, dinner guests, celebratory banana splits...

The way I see it, we have two choices:
1 - Your $ turns into paper napkins and your paper napkins turn into trash.
2 - Your $ turns into cloth napkins and your cloth napkins turn into memories.
(and because cloth napkins are made from...cloth...I'd choose them anyway - it's fabric!)

Pam:  Can you tell us something funny about you?
Karen:  I've only had one bloody nose my entire life.  If my kids ever get one, I'm not sure I will know what to do to take care of it.

Pam:  Well, my boys are grown, now 24 and 21, and I do recall a bloody nose or two.  I believe you tell them to tip their head back, and give them some kleenex, er, maybe a cloth napkin.  Wash it out right away--and that should fix it!

**************************************************************
Karen has put together a wonderful treasury to feature her current products.  Please spend some time looking at her handiwork--click on any picture and you'll go straight to her Etsy store!   Aren't the colors great?!!!

'SimpleBlue Treasury' by SimpleBlue


Cloth Napkins - Sweet L...
$12.00

Cloth Napkins - Pink Li...
$12.00

Cloth Napkins - Turquoi...
$12.00

Cloth Napkins - Rabbit ...
$11.25

Cloth Napkins - Ruby Wi...
$12.00

Cloth Napkins - Owl Bro...
$12.00

Cloth Napkins - 10 Inch...
$12.00

Cloth Napkins - Cocoa -...
$12.00

Cloth Napkin - Green Da...
$24.00

Cloth Napkins - 10 Inch...
$12.00

Cloth Napkin - 7 Inch R...
$11.00

Cloth Napkins - 10 Inch...
$12.00

Cloth Napkins - 10 Inch...
$24.00

Cloth Napkins - Pink - ...
$21.00

Cloth Napkins - 7 Inch ...
$9.00

Cloth Napkins - Love Re...
$12.00


*****************************************
Karen's Etsy Store can be found here:  www.SimpleBlue.Etsy.com

For Karen's ideas, tutorials and other information, and maybe even a laugh or two, visit:

Thank you, Karen, for being our featured artist this week!  Wishing you the best with your Etsy store!  Happy Spring, and sew on, and sew on... : )

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the feature! What an opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen--I meant to ask you a question--how did you come up with your Etsy store name, "SimpleBlue?" It's catchy and memorable--is your favorite color blue?? Curious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I stopped by to check out Karen's feature,I love her thought on why she does cloth napkins. I have quite a few from my great grandmother and they do bring back a flood of memories,especially when I see the embroidery and the tea stains that still remain,and those are stains I like to keep =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I love your thoughts on paper napkins, too! So true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came to read the feature on simple blue because I have featured her napkins in many of my Treasuries in etsy, she has a great product and always has a nice comment to make on the Treasuries I have placed her product in. She is always willing to promote the Treasuries also. I do truly believe that nice people finish 1st and Karen of Simple Blue will. Best of Luck!! Arlene (This and That Crafter on etsy)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hirrah for the napkin! They are one of the main products on my wedding accessory website.... they are used for the wedding breakfast and then to use for years in your new family home :)
    (I haven't got round to puting them in my Esty Shop yet)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, nice things being said here! Thanks!

    Pam - Simple Blue was actually my second choice. This is how I came to it: My grandparents were married when my grandpa was on a short break during WWII. They had maybe a week together and he was off again. They were very sad about being apart so after a few months, my grandma went to visit him for a short break - kind of a second honeymoon. They stayed at a place called Ginger Blue. I wanted to name my shop Ginger Blue out of respect and love for my grandparents but someone had already taken it. Simple Blue seemed clean and, well, simple and I liked it okay. It's fine for a second choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, yes, my favorite color is blue but that has little to do with my shop name. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment!